Thursday 8 January 2015

Context of Practise 3: Dissertation Tutorial 4 Notes

This would be the final tutorial before the module hand in for the submission deadline so for this, I knew I wanted to get my essay checked out to see if there was anything I needed to change or improve at this point.
Tutorial Own Notes
In regards to my essay, it was mainly the need to paraphrase some of my quotes because I had a lot of long quotes which needed breaking up which would show my understanding as well as aid the flow of my essay. Also, it was necessary to include Freud's comments of penis envy and the inclusion of Lacan's comments on the desire to be desired. From this, it was important to continually refer to the ownership and possession of the brand by the consumer.

When asked about my practical, I started to discuss what I had done so far for Luminance but it was said that the brand I had produced was too rational and thought-through. For the brand to work, I was told that I needed to come up with a new one where the brands psychological aspects needed to be more hidden so it is more unconscious. I had to focus on the brand being subtle and subconscious.

At this point, I was very lost and was finding it difficult to come up with a new brand when I felt like that last one was fulfilling the needs. It was recommended that I brainstorm all of the things that I could think of to do with Freud and all of the terms to do with vaping and trying to connect the two. Seen as I really needed a starting point, I decided that I would go along with that. Despite this, I felt determined to make the amendments that needed to be made for the essay so that it could be finished with a deeper understanding and with a better flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment